The Guide to Housing Benefit has a strong reputation for clear, impartial and accurate advice and is used by local councils, social landlords, advisers, tribunal members and housing professionals. As part of the new housing costs handbook series it has been written in a refreshing plain English style that makes it easy to use while retaining many of the features of its predecessor that readers will find reassuringly familiar.
This volume also covers the rules for help with mortgage interest and managing rent and mortgage arrears available in jobseeker's allowance, employment and support allowance, income support and pension credit.
This new edition has been fully revised and updated to incorporate all the changes over the past year, including the April 2017 uprating. It provides answers to some of the most frequent problems and issues and explains all the new rules starting from April, including:
- the rules restricting child allowances to a maximum of two children for new births and new claims
- the reduced benefit cap and new exemptions for carers and guardians
- the new rules about temporary absence from the UK
- the local housing allowance (LHA) national caps and size limits
- the treatment of rent and service charges for all non-LHA claims
- the social sector size criteria ('the bedroom tax') including developments in case law
- the household benefits cap, including exemptions
- the special rules for certain supported housing ('exempt accommodation')
- guidance on the discretionary housing payments scheme
- the changing eligibility rules and case law developments for nationals of the European Nationals and migrants from other non-European states
- the gradual transition and transfer of housing benefit claims to universal credit.
Get a 20% discount when you order 5 or more copies (discount will be added at point of sale).
P&P is £4 for the first copy, plus £2 for any subsequent copies.