- Being clear about what assertive behaviour is
- Other behaviours and their effects on us and on others
- Improving self esteem and confidence
- Rights and responsibilities
- Giving clear messages - the words and the body language
- Asking for what you want
- Saying no
- Receiving criticism
- Planning support for your next steps
After attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Name the four principles of assertive behaviour
- Recognise three non-assertive behaviour types
- Describe a model for how beliefs affect behaviour
- Identify and modify at least four thinking errors which influence behaviour
- Use at least two techniques for saying 'no'
- Implement at least three techniques for dealing with criticism/disagreement
- Use at least two techniques to ask for what you want
- Describe guidelines for showing anger assertively.
People in all working environments who want to communicate more consistently and improve their relationships and effectiveness.