After this course, you will be able to:
- Follow the five stages of the negotiation process
- Use your understanding of the reasons why people get into rent arrears and debt, to conduct more effective negotiations
- Use the six principles of the Psychology of Influence to achieve a successful negotiation
- Deal with difficult situations, specifically objections and anger
- Reach workable solutions for dealing with rent arrears using objective criteria
- Successfully begin and end a negotiation, and record it.
Housing officers dealing with income and arrears, housing support workers, and new advisers expected to advise clients who have debt problems.
Meet the trainer
For the last two decades, Tracy Maylath has been a trainer and facilitiator, joining Shelter in 2002. During this time she has delivered an extensive variety of courses to clients ranging from homeless people and vulnerable adults to managers and directors of private sector firms.
Building on this diverse pedigree, Tracy has also written and developed programmes in management skills and personal development for both the public and private sector.
With her grounding of knowledge in learning theory, Tracy utilises an array of innovative methods and state of the art techniques. She engages clients with her lighthearted approach, passion, in-depth knowledge and vast experience of her topics.