- Defining the administrator's role
- Identifying best practice within that role
- Efficient systems - filing, classification and indexing keys, both paper and computer based
- Defining key performance objectives
- Time management - dealing with emails, common timewasters, applying stategies and prioritising
- Working with others - managers, colleagues and clients.
After attending this course delegates will be able to:
- State the tasks and roles involved in administration
- Name the advantages and disadvantages of the two types of filing systems
- Implement three strategies for setting up a filing system
- Ensure email is dealt with professionally and within a short time frame
- Use a system for prioritising tasks
- Set aims and objectives for their role
- Use a variety of communication skills to deal professionally with others.
People who are new to administration and those seeking to move
into an administrative position. Administrators with up to one
year's experience who wish to review their practices, gain new
ideas and update their skills and knowledge in the field.