- Universal Credit
- Managing money
- Setting and keeping to a budget
- Managing debts
- Dealing with bailiffs
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Financial inclusion
- Fuel poverty
- Dealing with creditors
- Debt denial
- Accessing credit record
- How to complain including about Payment Protection Insurance
- Understanding a financial statement
- Obtaining grant assistance.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Have an overall understanding of the implications of Universal Credit and Welfare Reform
- Understand the importance of budgeting, managing money and dealing with debts
- Become more financially aware and apply learning to help and assist clients or residents
- Understand the legislation that is available to help people with difficult financial problems
- Understand how to combat debt denial and learn to become more confident in dealing with financial matters.
Housing Officers, Income Officers, Care and Support Workers or anyone advising or supporting people with debt, welfare benefit or related problems.