- The new fixed term secure tenancies and introductory tenancies
- Differences from fixed term Flexible tenancies introduced by the Localism Act 2011
- Where "old style" secure tenancies can continue to be used
- Changing rights of succession for existing tenancies
- Succession to a fixed term tenancy only
- Termination of fixed term tenancies - either during or at the end of the fixed term
After this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the rights of secure and introductory tenants, depending upon when their tenancy commenced
- Describe the impact upon existing tenants as well as those whose tenancies commence after implementation of the change, including those who move to another social housing tenancy
- Advise on broad legal issues relating to the use of fixed term tenancies
- Identify the importance of tenancy terms and landlord policies and procedures, in addition to the legislation.
Anyone who is working with, or needs to give housing advice to, people in, or seeking, social housing. Also those working in housing management with secure tenants.