- Landlord's repairing obligations
- Tenants' rights and duties
- Local authority powers
- What harassment and illegal eviction are
- Criminal offences
- Civil remedies
- Tactical and practical approaches.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Advise tenants on the different options available
- Adopt a structured approach to evaluating complaints or disrepair
- Identify the elements of criminal offences under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
Frontline housing staff and housing managers; staff responsible for developing antisocial behaviour strategies; advisers and support workers.
Meet the trainer
Rita Parmar has run advanced housing law courses for Shelter Training since 2003. She has worked in Shelter’s Legal Team since 1999 and is currently a Managing Solicitor. Rita has also worked for Haringey Women’s Forum as a housing law manager and has taught housing law to undergraduates on the LLB course at London Metropolitan University.