- An introduction to current understanding of dual diagnosis
- An outline of community care legislation and its relevance to
groups with particular needs
- Services for those with mental and physical health problems,
and substance dependency problems
- Problems in accessing services for those with dual
- Advocacy and challenging decisions
- Developing support packages in tandem with homelessness
- The assessment of vulnerability under the homelessness legislation.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Understand current theories on the inter-relationship of mental health problems and substance use
- Recognise and trigger key legislative provisions that provide the framework for service delivery and be familiar with current guidance
- Appreciate the increasing relevance of the Equality Act in the process of preventing and relieving homelessness and service delivery
- Understand the importance of integrated and timely service provision.
Anyone working with homeless people with multiple needs in day
centres, hostels, resettlement/outreach projects and advice