- Who can claim housing benefit
- What housing benefit can pay for
- How it is calculated
- The claims process
- Date of claim and date of entitlement
- Discretionary housing payments
- Getting decisions changed
- The impact of Welfare Reform on housing benefit.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Advise tenants on their eligibility for housing benefit
- Understand how housing benefit is calculated
- Be aware of changes in circumstances that affect entitlement
- Know how to make a claim and when payment should start
- Be aware of the most common problem areas and possible solutions
- Have an understanding of how housing benefit will change, including the effect of Universal Credit.
All non-benefits specialist advisers working with clients for whom housing benefit is an issue.