- Introduction to leasehold
- Contents of leases/rights and obligations of tenants and leaseholders
- The law regarding service charges
- S20 Consultation – an introduction
- Avoiding the need to consult where long term agreements are concerned
- S20 consultation – why the process differs
- Major works – recent legal developments
- Brief overview of the law on recognised tenants associations/role of the Tribunal
- How good are your current systems for dealing with repairs and major works – SWOT analysis.
After this course, you will be able to:
- State the characteristics of long leases
- Explain the rights that leaseholders have with regards to service charges and major works
- Understand the importance of what is written in the lease and how to deal with unclear terms
- Partnered Procurement
- Manage the Section 20 process when major works are required
- Understand the role of the First-Tier Tribunal (formerly the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal) – brief overview
- Consider how to best organise repairs and major works.
Frontline housing staff and housing managers; staff responsible for developing leaseholder policies and advisers..