It is topical, practical and highly relevant to today’s changing market.
This course enables you to:
- Choose the most appropriate budgeting method
- Devise ways to overcome weaknesses in your current budgeting system
- Consider ways of better communicating and presenting budgets to non-financial staff
- Meet the varying budget preparation needs of different departments.
- Overview of budgets and finance
- - The budgeting cycle
- - Top down or bottom up?
- - The link between planning and budgeting
- - Organisational time and resource
- Alternative budgeting systems
- - Rolling versus fixed period budgeting
- - Incremental versus ZBB
- - Functional versus ABB
- - Life cycle budgeting
- Issues in setting budgets
- - Approaches to forecasting budgets
- - Using spreadsheets for budgeting
- - Organisational culture
- - Non-finance budget holders
- - Budgets as an evaluation and reward tool
- Monitoring and presenting budgets
- - A suitable management tool?
- - A true measure of performance?
- - Vulnerable variances
- - Presentation pitfalls
- The future of budgeting
- - Is traditional budgeting dead?
- - Living with budgets
- - Adaptive management
- - Decentralised decision making
Professionals who are looking for a practical course that enables them to apply budgeting theory and knowledge in their own organisation.