- The role of a manager
- Examples of good and bad management practices
- Theoretical perspective/developments in management
- Current management issues
- Setting and achieving objectives
- The process of making decisions
- Motivation - theory and practice
- Equality issues/managing diversity
- Management and leadership styles
- Team development
- Personal organisation
People who are new to management and those seeking to move into a management position; managers with up to one year's experience who wish to review their practices and gain ideas on current thinking in management.
Meet the trainer
Rob Hammond has been a trainer for Shelter since 2006 and is an innovative facilitator with a background of working with diverse groups. Rob is an accredited facilitator in Leading and Developing High Performance and The Self-directing Professional. Trained in psychometric profiling, Rob is licensed and accredited in MiRo Behavioural Modes TM and StrengthscopeTM, both of which maximise individual and team potential.
Rob has an honours degree in Psychology and a PG Dip in Integrative Counselling. He is a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and is a practising counsellor. Rob’s work has a strong emphasis on personal development and engagement.