- The necessary skills to provide effective interviewing and
- How to identify and tap into people's sources of motivation and
- A step-by-step interview and coaching framework
- Planning and preparation
- Listening and noticing skills and techniques
- The art of asking smart questions
- How to help people reflect and discover
- Key elements for recording
- Good practice.
People who offer interviewing and coaching services to clients and staff and would like to develop their skills to a higher
Meet the trainer
Rob Hammond has been a trainer for Shelter since 2006 and has experience of working with not for profit, Local Authority, and corporate staff at all levels up to director as well as service users for various charities.
Qualified in delivering leadership and management programmes, Rob is also trained in psychometric profiling and is licensed and accredited to use MiRo Behavioural Modes TM¬ and Strengthscope TM, both of which maximise individual and team potential.
Rob has an honours degree in Psychology and a PG Dip in Integrative Counselling. Also trained as a coach, he combines these approaches as a Personal Consultant and practices as an Integrative Coach-Therapist. He is registered as a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Rob’s work has a strong emphasis on personal development and engagement and receives consistently high feedback from delegates.