Identify your own negotiation style to help you improve, handle difficult situations when they arise and get the results you want.
This course enables you to:
- Explore situations and find solutions that are acceptable to both parties
- Plan all your negotiations effectively
- Use constraints and variables to reach an acceptable conclusion for both parties
- Deal with the difficult situations and people you will encounter when negotiating
- Understand and avoid some of the common traps you might come across in your negotiations
- Understand how to prepare in a way that will ensure the best result for you
- Learn when not to negotiate and say 'no'!
- Understanding negotiation
- - What is the aim of negotiation?
- - What is effective negotiation?
- - What are the principles of negotiating?
- - Who is involved in negotiation?
- Techniques and strategies
- - How should I handle negotiation successfully?
- - How should I use constants and variables?
- - How do I use trading concessions?
- - What negotiation styles are there?
- - What other strategies are involved?
- Difficult situations
- - How do I handle objections?
- - How do I deal with an awkward negotiator?
- - How can I recognise and resolve conflict?
- - What are some of the common traps in negotiating?
- - When should I not negotiate?
- Planning to negotiate
- - How do I get ready to negotiate?
- - How do I prepare for a successful negotiation?
- - How should I behave during a negotiation?
- - What should I do once I have come to an agreement?
Anyone who negotiates with suppliers, partners or clients.