- Shared Ownership and Shared Equity – main rules and conditions
- Fundamental Clauses
- Buying further shares and staircasing up to 100%
- What does this mean for your organisation?
- Service charge setting/major works and consultation
- Income recovering strategies
After this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by shared ownership and the different schemes available
- Explain the rights and responsibilities of both landlords and leaseholders
- Outline the process for staircasing and re-sales
- Appreciate the legal issues around leaseholders subletting their accommodation
- Explain the law regarding major works including the consultation process
- State the law on the setting up and operation of management companies
- Understand good practice for service charge setting and the recovery of arrears.
Frontline housing staff and housing managers; staff responsible for developing leaseholder/shared ownership policies and advisers.