- LHA duties or powers to accommodate
- Caselaw on suitability including the Supreme Court case of Nzolameso
- Private rented sector offers
- Suitability of Accommodation Orders
- Legislation and key issues, such as:
- Out of area placements
- Localism and suitability
- Delays in providing suitable accommodation
- Bed and Breakfasts
Code of Guidance and the new Supplementary Guidance on suitability
After this course, you will be able to:
- Identify when a LHA has to provide suitable accommodation
- Decide if an offer of accommodation is suitable
- Use the Code of Guidance in assessing suitability
- Outline what needs to be checked in order to ensure offers of accommodation are suitable.
Local authority housing officers, allocations, homelessness and homelessness prevention staff, private sector landlord liaison officers, PRPSH staff, resettlement officers, student accommodation advisers, not-for-profit and private landlords, housing lawyers and advisers. A basic knowledge of homelessness issues would be helpful.