‘Mark always makes his training relevant to your individual needs.’
Housing Advisor, Barnsley MBC
- Who’s responsible for what under the tenancy – express terms and implied obligations
- When can the Council get involved – Housing Health and Safety Rating System and statutory nuisance
- Retaliatory eviction
- Practical advice implications
After this course, you will be able to:
- Take a systematic approach to advising on repair issues
- Weigh up the pro’s and cons of involving the Local Authority
- Prevent homelessness in cases to which the retaliatory eviction provisions of the Deregulation Act apply
Housing advisers or housing options officers who work with private sector tenants.
Meet the trainer
Mark Robinson worked as a housing advice worker from 1987 and then qualified as a housing solicitor in 1999. In his casework he has specialised in challenging homeless decisions, acting for tenants in s21 1988 Housing Act possession claims, and in defending anti-social behaviour possession and injunction proceedings. He has a particular interest in human rights and public law issues. Mark has trained extensively in housing law for Shelter since 1999, writes and updates a range of our courses and is housing editor of the Citizens Advice publication ‘The Adviser’.