Delegates will examine in detail the Tenancy Deposit Protection
provisions of the Housing Act 2004, including changes introduced by
Localism Act 2011.
- Succession and transfer of tenancies on death.
- Assignment during tenant's lifetime.
- Tenancy Deposit Protection.
The course materials also include information on rent control
and information to be provided by landlords.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and advise on assignment and succession rights of
different types of tenancy.
- Advise on Tenancy Deposit Protection
- Prepare court claims under s.214 2004 Housing Act ( penalty
- Advise on the circumstances in which breach of Tenancy Deposit
Protection will give a defence to a possession claim under s.21
1988 Housing Act.
Housing advisers, homelessness prevention officers and housing