Topics may include (following discussion with trainer regarding requirements):
- Universal Credit: update regarding rollout, conditionality and effects on claimants
- Benefits for EEA nationals
- PIP (which replaced DLA in 2013): including processing problems and delays
- Council tax and welfare schemes replacing crisis loans
- Bedroom tax challenges and developments.
After this course, you will be able to:
- assess what changes have been made to benefit regulations, policy and administration and how they impact on claimants
- understand what notable case law, judgments and European rulings have taken place
- identify future planned changes to the benefit system.
This is an advanced course for experienced advisers who want to ensure they are up-to-date with changes and/or to satisfy an annual CPD requirement. Anyone who needs to refresh their knowledge of established benefit rules, or who has not attended welfare benefits training for some time, should attend our Welfare Benefits: Introductory course.