Course available: in-house only (on a date and location of your choice)
Duration: 1 day
- Understanding dual diagnosis as it relates to mental health, drug and alcohol misuse
- Impacts of drugs and alcohol on mental health
- Why do people with mental health issues choose drugs and alcohol to manage their mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Treatment options, interventions and service models
- Good practice in assessment, referrals and signposting
- The impact and challenges of managing both mental health and substance use, from a service user perspective
- Useful contacts and resources.
Front-line professionals with some experience of working with people with mental health issues and / or have completed an Introduction to Mental Health course. It is essential that delegates have a basic understanding of alcohol and drug misuse before attending this course.